Tuesday, December 11, 2012

11th December International Children's day



The International Children’s Day is celebrated only one day… Unfortunately! That makes no sense for those who violate children’s rights … They do it for 365 days a year without a break… I doubt whether one of them knows any of children’s rights or even that children have rights!

To make it clear for this minority (I hope), children have rights… The Charter of the Rights of the Child states:

• I have the right to come to life. I have the right to exist.
• I have the right to grow up in a world without violence and poverty.
• I have the right to live in a world that respects and protects the natural environment.
• I have the right to have free access to the magic world of knowledge.
• I have the right to have free time and space to play.
• I have the right to learn what’s good for my physical and mental health.
• I have the right to spend time with my parents.
• I have the right to live in innocence and carelessness my childhood years.
• I have the right to live in a society that protects my personal data.
• I have the right to live in a human world, fair and peaceful. A world in which my children will grow up. (Source: UNICEF)

A few years ago, at school, one of the best teachers I’ve ever met, distributed us a brochure that said something about kids… Nobody paid attention until we were urged to give it to our parents….and he started to read … Unfortunately I do not remember who was the writer, but it  was a well known text as I noticed from a search on web. I quote the text and hope to touch  those who cannot even understand what a child’s soul is!

What would a child say if we could hear them:
• If I live in comprehension , I learn to have patience.
• If I live in justice, I learn to be fair.
• If I live in safety, I learn to think.
• If I live in criticism, I learn to blame.
• If I live in a hostile environment, I learn to wrangle.
• If I live in shame, I learn to feel guilty.
• If I am accepted as I am, I learn to find love in the world.

I’m sure that you couldn’t resist and you smiled too… Do everything you can to make every child smile… It’s up to us!!!

Source: smaragdenia.wordpress.com



No comments:

Post a Comment